From out-of-this-world amenities like onboard helicopters and a submarine, the world’s first discovery yacht, Scenic Eclipse, is breaking barriers when it comes to over-the-top luxuries. And it’s making its maiden voyage this week.
The 13-day discovery itinerary sets sail from Reykjavik to Quebec before heading to NYC for its September 10 christening by Godmother Dame Helen Mirren. Here’s a sneak peek at the very first images.
What sets Scenic Eclipse apart from other luxury yachts?
GlenMoroney, Chairman and Founder, Scenic Luxury Cruises, and Tours expands, “We are extremely proud of this ship and what it brings to the world of cruising. In terms of innovation, technology, and design, it is second to none. The onboard helicopters and submarine and our handcrafted itineraries that take our guests to 38 countries in some of the world’s most stunning and remote locations – these are what truly set us apart.”
Scenic Eclipse sails with only 228 guests, and these privy passengers can expect a total “sensory experience” from the foyer to the suites to the dining areas. An air of serenity resounds in the luxurious accommodations. The 114 tall verandah suites range in size from 345 ft to 2,659 sq ft. Gourmands will delight in the ten dining options. And for those who simply want to relax, Scenic Eclipse has you covered: the 5920 sq ft Senses Spa boasts a well-equipped gym and a separate yoga and pilates studio.
Aside from personalized service on a more intimate yacht, Scenic Eclipse’s size gives it an edge as well. Her smaller size lets her sail into more destinations, ones that larger ships can’t reach. Here’s a first-hand look into some of the fantastic itineraries lined up for Scenic Eclipe’s 2020-2022 season:
· Two Antarctica seasons with 20 departures and the opportunity to view a solar eclipse from the deck of the Scenic Eclipse (December 2020 and December 2021)
· Wild Alaska and British Columbia – from Vancouver to Nome, Alaska, traveling through the Aleutian Islands and the Inside Passage for the first time.
· Baja to Costa Rica – from San Diego to Costa Rica and all the wonders of Latin America including the breathtaking Mexican Riviera.
· High Arctic Explorer – traveling as far north as North Cape, through the Svalbard Archipelago and the magnificent fjords, waterfalls, mountains and sleepy fishing villages of Norway.
· Panama and Columbia Discovery – transiting the famous Panama Canal, exploring the jungles and islands of Central America.
For those who like to be among the firsts, there’s never been a better time to book a luxury cruise on this fantastic new yacht.